Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tragedy in the Veggie Garden

Tonight's stroll through the veggie garden turned very sad when I was poking around the strawberries looking four our furry little chipmunk friend and saw him laying on his back, with flies coming out of his mouth.

I did some Googling on probably causes of death for cute little chipmunks, but apparently it's not a common enough occurrence to rank on the first few pages of Google search results.

Although I felt bad that the chipmunk's body was being defiled by flies and the miniature slugs, I wasn't about to pick him up to move him to a more appropriate final resting place.

That's the job of the man in our house. He gets to do all of the gross stuff:
  • dead animal removal
  • pumpkin goop grabbing
  • dog poo cleanup
In exchange, I'm in charge of spider removal. So, I guess I owe him one.

RIP cute little chipmunk. I hope you enjoyed the strawberries.















The pink spot on Bruce's shirt isn't a defect. It's from the flashlight I was pointing at him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry 'bout the chippie! I looked it up on Chipmunk Wiki and it said they are highly allergic to strawberries ;) -gg