Friday, June 20, 2008

Is Your Life Worth More Than a Free Chicken Sandwich?

Around 11am today a random guy came into our office offering free chicken sandwiches. He asked our office manager how many people were in today and he went out to the trunk of his car and brought in chicken sandwiches for each of us.

Now, he was nicely dressed, but it wasn't like he was wearing a cow costume holding an "Eat Mor Chikin" sign.

So, how were we supposed to believe he was really from Chick-fil-A out promoting their catering services to businesses in the Michiana area???

Well, it was 11am, and I didn't eat breakfast, and my stomach was growling... but is a chicken sandwich from a random stranger worth risking my life over? What if he was playing "chicken" with us and had really poisoned one of the sandwiches? Would it be me that ate the prize or one of my co-workers?

I guess I could have taken the time to lookup the phone number for the Chik-fil-A restaurant and called them to see if, in fact, they did have an employee driving around with a trunkload of sandwiches. But, I didn't do that. Instead, I ate one of the free chicken sandwiches.

It was pretty good!

About a half hour later, some girl came up to our office's front door. I'd never seen her before, but I was hoping she was going to open her trunk and pull out a pie for our dessert. Turns out she was a co-worker's daughter and there was no pie.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had the same thing happen at our office. The chicken sandwiches were great plus they gave us coupons for free ones at the store.