Friday, June 6, 2008

Don't They Know I'm in a Hurry to Get Home???

I was excited when 5pm finally rolled around today. I wanted to hurry home and get the new Playstation 3 setup so I could play Guitar Hero.

But, someone wasn't paying attention to their driving on the bypass and several hundred drive-time travelers, including me, were stuck on the bypass for an extra half hour while a traffic accident was sorted out by the police and fire departments.

When I see a minor car accident like this, I wonder if someone was talking on their cell phone and wasn't completely focused on the road.

I drive on the bypass a lot, and always have my cruise control set at 65mph. I don't think I've ever made it the 30 miles between home and work without coming up behind someone who was driving much too slow for the traffic flow. And, nearly every time, when I pass the offender, I see that the driver is on the phone.

No comments: