Friday, June 6, 2008

How a Trip to Sonic Cost Me $399 Plus Tax

I drove to Sonic on my lunch hour today and they had the driveway blocked. So, apparently they're not opening until Monday. Maybe yesterday was just a special opening for employees or workers???

So, I decided to get a Subway sandwich and the closest one is in the Wal-Mart across the street from Sonic. There was a bit of a line at Subway so I grabbed the Wal-Mart circular and started flipping through it.

On the back cover of the ad, they were offering a $100 gift card with the purchase of the Playstation 3. Since I've never ever seen the Playstation 3 on sale, anywhere, I took that as a sign that I needed to buy it NOW instead of waiting for Christmas.

But, I've never seen the Playstation 3 actually in-stock at any discount store... so I wasn't holding my breath that Wal-Mart actually had one for me to buy.

I abandon the waiting line at Subway and headed back to the electronics department. As expected there were no Playstation 3's in the glass case. Just on an off chance they had one hidden somewhere, I asked the guy behind the counter if he could check for me. He was gone for a few minutes and came back with the game system saying it was the last one. Cool!

Now, a game system isn't much fun without a game so I spent my $100 gift card on Guitar Hero III and a wireless Les Paul guitar and a Blue Ray remote control.



Now I can't wait until June 29 when the Aerosmith Guitar Hero game goes on sale.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the "game gods" were looking out for you, my friend! Have a blast! - gg