Thursday, June 26, 2008

New Home For Old Sign

This old welcome sign has been in my garden for several years... just sitting there minding its own business, not bothering anyone.

But, after we had the new sprinklers installed, it kept getting knocked over by the water spray.

So, I moved it a bit closer to the shed. But then, we couldn't open the shed door all the way. So I shifted it a bit to the right. Then, it was too hard to get around it to hook and unhook the latch that keeps the shed door open when we use the tractor.

Now, it's right smack dab in the front of the garden. Not sure why I didn't put it here last year. It's actually the perfect spot.

If I could find something that looks similar to this, but in a burnished or dark brass type of finish, with splashes of green and brown, it would look perfect on the wall above my bed. I've held that spot on the wall open for three years now, looking for the perfect wall art. I know what I want is very specific and I'll probably never find it so maybe I'll have to make it myself somehow.

But, I'm sort of holding out hope because it took me five years to find the exact sofa I had imagined for my living room. You wouldn't guess that by looking at my sofa because its so nondescript, but it's exactly what I wanted.

No comments: