Saturday, June 7, 2008

Oddities in the Garden

In the raised veggie garden bed that was home to the cherry tomatoes last year, I noticed hundreds of tiny weeds. I thought they would be easier to pull if I let them grow a bit. Now that they've grown for a couple of weeks, I can tell they are tiny cherry tomato plants. All of the cherry tomatoes that were left to rot on the ground last year were returning this year. Not so fast... I pulled them all up.
Two years after I dug up all of the climbing rose bushes, one has returned. I wonder if it inched its way under the grass, the half acre between here and the area he was transplanted, to make it back home. That would explain why it took two years to return.



Intruder Alert -- Intruder Alert!
A reddish flower is intruding in my purple and yellow flower garden. The really odd thing about this is that I went back to look at it today and, in addition to this reddish flower, the same plant also has a light purple bloom.



Two of our butterfly bushes now have green and yellow variegated leaves. My guess is they were exposed to a bit of the weed killer the True Green guy sprayed on our grass.

No comments: