Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hilltop Strawberries on Dragoon Trail

I took Dragoon Trail from home today and saw several people picking strawberries at Hilltop near Blackberry Road.

Although their hours aren't posted, I think they're open from 7am until 7pm. Maybe it's 6 until 6, but it was 6:15 when I went by tonight and there were at least six cars in the lot.

We have so many strawberries in our garden that we've decided to share them with the slugs and the chipmunks.



When I picked some strawberries yesterday, I noticed little bite marks out of a few of them.

One tiny slug was still connected to one of the strawberries.

But, the bite marks are most likely the work of the cute little chipmunk that now lives in our veggie garden.




His house is right next to the whiskey barrel planter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great! Your front yard is beautiful and that is one SMART chipmunk! He'll be three times that size at the end of Summer :) gg