Sunday, July 13, 2008

Today's Garden Tour













I admired these ceramic plant markers at the Master Gardeners' plant show yesterday so Judy bought them both and gave them to me as a gift.

I spoke with the artist who created them and got her email address as I'm considering placing a custom order for several more.

The zenias are starting to bloom. The first few are fairly pale so I'm hoping I see more brilliant colors as the summer progresses.

This sunflower started to unfold today. It's a volunteer, as I didn't plant any sunflowers this year. I guess the birds missed a seed last fall.

One of my garden staples is the purple coneflower.

This lightning bug (look closely at the daisy) is resting up from a hard night of illuminating our back yard.


I only use zucchini to make bread so I let them grow really large before I break them free from the vines. Today we peeled and shredded this zucchini and put it into a plastic bag in the freezer. The next time I go to the grocery store, I'll pick up some brown sugar, raisins and a few other ingredients and whip up a few loaves of zucchini bread.

No comments: