Thursday, July 10, 2008

Catching Up...

It's been awhile since I've updated my blog. I finally downloaded nearly 500 photos off my camera from the past couple of weeks. So now, I'll try to get caught up.

I've been involved in a major work-related project that's kept me quite busy. Hopefully all my research and hard work will pay off soon.

I think I'll start from today and work backward until I get the blog updated back to June 26. Wow... seems a bit overwhelming, but I'll give it my best shot.

Tonight we enjoyed another tasty summer dinner -- BLTs, cottage cheese and cold baked beans. So easy to prepare and, with the windows open and the smell of freshly cut grass, its easy to remember why I love summer in Indiana.

Then, it was a round of watering the flower pots and taking inventory of the gardens to see what's changed since yesterday.

I wonder if this is the same toad that shows up about this same time every summer. He used to live under the bushes in front of the garage. Since we've taken out the bushes he now lives in the garden next to the chimney. Here he's taken cover under the hose reel.

The giant hostas in the back yard are in full bloom.

The Asiatic lilies, daisies and bee balm have filled in the back garden with lots of color.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL--I saw your post about dinner and the pic of the toad and hmmmm. Lovely asiatic lillies. -gg

Cheryl said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy that you updated your blog, so I can stay on top of what's happening with you!! Great site Sharon!! Wish I had half your talent! cs

xoxoxo ~Lori said...

OMGoodness Sharon! You caught yourself up! You have had a lot going on! I love the garden photos, I think you should consider mentoring me for next year...seeing that I still have the seeds I bought to start my garden in their packages! grrr, nonetheless, you have inspired me and hopefully I will have a garden as plentiful and beautiful as yours some day! BTW- thanks for the comment and for adding my blog to yours!