Monday, July 7, 2008

Miracle Grow Finally Kicking In

My vegetable garden has sure changed over the years. I designed this version and Bruce helped me build the boxes last summer and it's everything I imagined. And, nearly weed free.

Next year I'd like to add a permanent, and much taller, fence across the back for the green beans to climb. My two little 4' panels are not nearly large enough and last year the beans ended up climbing the sunflowers.

The tomato plants are getting so large they're crowding the peppers. I have two varieties of tomatoes and three of peppers: cayenne , jalapeno and bell.


The zucchini plants are huge. They've completely filled in their 4' x 4' raised garden box and are now spilling over the edge. Zucchini bread is one of my favorite summer treats. I always freeze some and give it out at Christmas. I just found out this weekend that my brother hates it. Guess I'll make him some banana bread this year.

No comments: