Friday, July 4, 2008

My Family Reunion

My cousin Candy lives way out in the middle of nowhere somewhere between Lafayette and Indianapolis.

We made the cross-county trip from Americus to Middle of Nowhere to visit with my family for a few hours Friday.

She has a beautiful country home with equally beautiful country flowers and a huge vegetable garden.

Her hubby, Dwayne, told me that he starts his tomatoes from seed in February and put them out in early April. He already has red tomatoes.


Here cousins Candy and Jacquie line dance with the disc jockey. Candy is my age and Jacquie is a year younger. Candy and I used to have so much fun terrorizing Jacquie when we were kids. It's amazing that she even talks to us now. Jackie's older brother, Joe (now known as Dan), is a pilot based in Denver and wasn't able to join us today.

The tough guys -- brother Mike and cousin Greg. Greg is a pretty good gardener himself. Last year his tomato plants were nearly 10' high.

No comments: