Friday, July 4, 2008

Annual Independence Day Blast at Jerry's

Bruce and I missed out on kick ball this year. We left the party for a few hours to visit with my family. When we returned Kelly was recovering from a knee-to-the-head injury she sustained while sliding into first base.

Cheese Art. This is a really bad photo of a really great idea. If you fold in the corners of your cheese slices, they don't melt over the edge of your hamburgers and into the charcoal.

It took a few hours for the fire to burn down enough for Jenna to roast marshmallows for s'mores. I had a s'more without the graham cracker and marshmallow. When I was about 10 years old, I was at summer camp and got really sick after eating marshmallows. Turns out I had the flu, but I always associate being sick with marshmallows so I don't eat them.

It's all fun and games until someone shoots an eye out. The guys were shooting off fireworks when Eric handed me a roman candle. I thought it might be fun to shoot it off, but at the last minute had a vision of it exploding in my hand and me trying to type one-handed and I quickly passed it back to him.

Somehow Tabitha got an eye full of ash from shooting off fireworks.

No comments: