Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Grandma, What Big Eyes You Have


Grandma's been having a hard time reading her bible and newspaper. Seems her arms just aren't long enough anymore or maybe the light isn't bright enough.

Either way, we're hoping today's visit to the eye doctor and the new glasses she ordered will bring the world back in focus.

Although her vision isn't as clear as it once was, you can see by the photo above that her wit is still as sharp as ever. I didn't want to take a photo when she was getting her exam as the flash might have interfered with her test. The doctor was kind enough to recreate the event so I could capture it. I didn't even notice, until I downloaded the photos, that Grandma stuck her tongue out at me.


She only tried on four pairs of frames before selecting these. The last time I got new glasses I tried on every pair in the place, at least twice. She's so easy to please. I almost had her talked into these frames (see below) but she thought they were a bit too young looking.

No comments: