Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday Cleanup

I spent about six hours Sunday raking out the front woods and pulling Virginia Creeper vines out of the dirt.

I sat down in the garage for a quick break and the next thing I knew an hour had gone by.

Bruce attacked the burn pile, but most of the wood was still wet so only about half of it burned.

The funniest part was that he had stretched the hose across our yard to the burn pile and asked me to turn on the water. (It's handy to have it on standby in case the fire gets out of control.)


When I did, water was spurting out all over the place --- except for the nozzle that Bruce had across the yard. He asked what was going on and I told him there was a major leak. He asked me to fix it and I played stupid. He started giving me specific directions, but I kept playing dumb. Finally he come back across the yard and worked on the leak. The funny part was that I could have done it myself, but I didn't want to get wet ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I always thought Men were the only ones who "played" dumb--way to turn the tables! - gg