Friday, May 23, 2008

Pergola in Front Yard???

Now that we've ripped out the front bushes, I'd really like to have a seating area in the front of the house.

Our porch is very small and short of hiring an architect to design a proper front porch, I'm trying to figure out how to make something work.

Our well head is in this area so I put a large pot upside down over the pipe and another pot with flowers on top of that -- neat trick I learned from watching HGTV.



I saw pre-built pergolas at Thompson Landscape, but I've never seen a pergola in a front yard. I'm afraid it would look out of place.

2 comments:

Joe and Tammy Ward said...

Duh......you've got my hubby in the family for architectural ideas and info!

Anonymous said...

Did you move forward with the pergola in the front yard. I am thinking of doing the same thing in front of my house. My kids play in the front yard and it would be nice to have a place to relax to watch them play. Just interested in whether you did it, and how it turned out.