Friday, May 9, 2008

Fence Prep

Thanks to Uncle Sam, I have a little money burning a hole in my pocket. I decided to put some of it to use blocking out the unsightly back of my neighbor's shed.

But, before we put up a fence, we had to make sure we knew exactly where the property line runs. I called all of the survey companies in the area and chose the one with the lowest bid -- Progressive Engineering in Goshen, Indiana.




We've ordered the fence; six pieces of six-foot cedar privacy fence with lattice at the top.

It was on sale plus, Mendards was having a six-months- same-as-cash sale so I can leave my Uncle Sam money in the bank to earn interest for a while.




A bonus that came out of the survey -- the big sycamore tree next to our driveway is not on our property.

So now, when it drops leaves, branches and bark on my neighbor's yard, I won't feel compelled-by-guilt to rake it up.



Former neighbors Judy and Paul said we could cut it down if we wanted to, but that would leave an ugly stump there. We'll just wait to see what the people who buy their house want to do with it.

No comments: