Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day & Happy Birthday Iris


For the past several years, my brother, sister and I have celebrated Mother's day with our Mom by getting together for brunch. This year I made a breakfast egg/sausage casserole and took it down to Lafayette for the festivities.

My sister brought a delicious blueberry breakfast casserole and brother Mike provided fresh fruit and juices.

It was nice to visit with everyone and my three nices even dropped by for a short visit.


Mom actually had the whole day off work so it was a real shame that I couldn't stay in Lafayette longer to visit.

In the late afternoon we had Iris, Judy and her boyfriend Lynn over for dinner back at our house. We celebrated both Mother's Day and Iris' 92nd birthday.


Judy loved her DQ Mother's Day cake while Iris enjoyed her carrot birthday cake.

Dinner was grilled salmon, asparagus, salad and potatoes. We made the same yummy salad and potatoes as Christy and Gretchen prepared while on our St. John vacation -- much more interesting, and delicious than my usual fare.

No comments: