Saturday, May 17, 2008

New Coat Rack (exercise machine)

I stopped by Cheryl's garage sale Saturday morning since I was already on that end of town and wanted to see her lilacs and potted flowers.

I ended up buying her elliptical machine. I was just playing on it as it sat in her garage but then I thought it might be nice to have at home to help me with my goal of losing weight and getting in shape.

Here, our friend Rick tries it out. He had it up to 16mph for about 3 seconds... then he had to sit down and pant for a couple of minutes. I think I'll take it a bit slower.

Right now it is sitting in our garage. My thought is that when I let Spike outside in the morning I can jump on the machine and work off a few calories while he does his business.


I just need to get a pair of slip on tennis shoes to keep in the garage so I don't try to use the machine in my slippers. I saw a really cute pair of such shoes on a girl who was in line behind me to give blood. I asked her about them and she said they were actually Mary Jane water shoes from LL Bean, but she uses them for every-day.

No comments: