Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New Bird Bath


I took a drive up to Rural King on my lunch hour today. It's just north of the state line in Niles, Michigan.

I bought some tomato cages there last year and they gave me a $10 gift card with the purchase.
So, my goal was to buy something useful for $10.

I don't really need anything new for the veggie garden, and I've already bought my annuals and veggies so I bought a new bird bath.

A raccoon tipped over our ceramic bird bath last fall and the top of it cracked. This new bird bath is plastic so, although it might easily tip if a squirrel or raccoon jumps on it, it shouldn't break.

Turned out the base of the ceramic bird bath was also cracked so I kept the bottom part of it to help weigh down the plastic bird bath's base.

Cost after gift card applied: $2.75

No comments: