Monday, February 4, 2008

Yat's... now a little closer to home

My sister introduced me to Yats in Broad Ripple a few years back. Yats Cajun Creole is a small, no-frills cajun restaurant where a huge serving of Chili Cheese Crawfish Etouffée with garlic toast, served on a paper plate cost me all of $5.

Bruce and I liked the
Etouffée so much, we talked the owner, Joe, into selling us a gallon of it to go. Twice since then, as I've traveled through Indy, I've stopped into Yats for my special gallon-to-go take out order.

Now, Yats is open in West Lafayette. The meal prices are up to $6.50 a plate, but the great taste remains unchanged.

There have been a few cajun restaurants in the South Bend area, but none that compared to Yats. I think Yats' success comes largely from their no-frills format -- no need for waitresses or dishwashers; simple menu of five or six meal choices; and friendly counter staff.




No comments: