Sunday, February 10, 2008

Crazy Weather

I didn't really think about how crazy our weather has been this week until a friend, returning from Costa Rica, called me to ask about it.

Monday it was so foggy I missed my exit off the bypass because I didn't see it through the fog. It took me four hours to drive from Lafayette to Elkhart; a trip that normally takes two hours.

The fog continued Tuesday morning, with a bonus rain storm in the evening.

The warmer weather and rain have caused more wide-spread flooding with many of the county roads closed.

Wednesday started out with rain and turned to snow in the afternoon.

This weekend we were supposed to get 10" to 12" of snow, but only received a couple of inches. The biggest problems now are the ice and wind. It's very, very cold. The standing water has frozen and the winds are blowing snowdrifts across the formerly flooded county roads.

The toll road and bypass were both closed earlier today. The morning news reported that police officials have advised everyone to stay off the roads unless travel is absolutely necessary.

No comments: