Sunday, February 10, 2008

I've been watching too much TV

I haven't left the house since I arrived home from work Friday.

It's just too cold outside so I've been hanging out in my comfy chair, in front of the TV, wrapped in my softest blanked, with a computer on my lap.


The TV is mainly on for background noise while I work on my computer but every once in a while something will catch my ear and I'll look up.

Over the past few hours, I've seen a couple really bizarre TV commercials. I can't wait until summer when I can turn off the TV for a few months and spend time in my garden.

  • The annoying music in this Dolce & Gabbana ad (warning, not safe for all audiences: NC-17, maybe R) caught my ear. After watching it, I still can't figure out who they're trying to target and what they're trying to sell (tennis shoes, clothes, watches???).
  • This Holiday Inn commercial caught my attention because I couldn't figure out why they were sort of mumbling/humming an REO Speedwagon song. I did a quick search on YouTube to view the entire commercial and found it hilarious!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

D & G are selling "accessories" (could have done without the man on man visual)!

Anonymous said...

D&G is trying to show how "edgy" they are. That commercial runs alot on Bravo if you're curious about the target audience ;) GG