Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Zucchini Ripe for the Pickin'

The zucchini plants were so huge that I didn't see how big the actual zucchini were getting as they were hiding below the leaves.

Tonight I picked four of them; each about a foot long. I peeled, shredded and froze them so I can make zucchini bread sometime in the near future.




I finally got the recently-stained Adirondack chairs out of the garage and onto the patio. Maybe sometime I'll have enough free time to actually sit in one and take a rest.


And, while watering the planters this evening, I took time to admire the flowers in the cedar boxes. The tiny yellow flowers have been overtaken by the purple plants, which is fine with me. These have only had Miracle Grow twice this summer -- I can't believe how much they've grown.


No comments: