Monday, July 9, 2007

Getting in Shape


I told everyone I saw this past week that I was going to join a health club on Monday. The reason I did this was to help hold me accountable for doing it. So, Monday after work I joined the O'Brien Recreation Center in South Bend. I chose O'Brien because it's on my way home. I figured, if I went home first, before working out, I'd come up with many excuses for not going.

Day one was pretty easy. I signed up, walked a mile on the treadmill and took a self-guided tour of the facility. It would have been nice to have one of the staffers give me an official tour with instructions. Basic things they should share with new members are pretty obvious: How to enter the facility (scan your ID card). Clean the machines after you use them. (I learned this by observing everyone else do it.) How to measure your heart rate, and how to determine a target heart rate.

I signed up for 30 days... let's see how it goes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You GO Girl!!!!!!! Kel