Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Today Was a Long Day

Today was a busy day at work followed by a long session at the gym. I walked three miles on the treadmill tonight. I'm up to 4 mph, which is pretty good for me. The facility manager and one of the trainers taught me to use a few of the weight machines. The plan is to work on my upper arms and thigh muscles for the first two weeks. Hopefully this will help my "wings" become a little less flabby.

After the workout, I hurried home and out to the garden to give some much-needed water to the potted plants. It's been very dry and in the 90's here for the past several days, so this is a daily ritual.

The veggie garden is really coming along. I picked three perfect strawberries.






We have two small eggplants -- not sure why I didn't notice these before today.







The Brussels are sprouting.




The green beans are grabbing onto the trellis and starting to vine.





And, the zinnias are blooming!!!


I didn't know that we were expecting a storm this evening. After I got everything watered, the water feature cleaned out and the bird bath cleaned and refilled, the skies really broke loose and we had a major thunderstorm.





That was about the time Bruce called for a ride home from work. He drove over to visit his grandmother and when he was ready to leave for work, his truck wouldn't start.

He had to get a ride to work and after work, we called AAA to tow it in for repairs. By this time, it's too late to cook dinner (plus I'm on cooking suspension), so we got carryout from Taco Bell. Being ever so health conscious these days, I ordered mine without cheese.



No comments: