Monday, July 23, 2007

Elkhart County 4H Fair

Elkhart County boasts that theirs is the largest county fair in the state -- attracting more than 300,000 people over the nine-day event. Well, if not for Bruce and I, it would have only been 299,998 people this year.


Taylor Hicks, of American Idol fame, was tonight's entertainment. Since all concerts at the fair are free with paid fair admission, we walked into the grandstands to take a photo of Taylor. One of the security guards told me that I was free to take photos, but I couldn't shoot any video. I assured him, with a straight face, that I wasn't shooting video (although I'm sure there's a huge demand for bootleg Taylor Hicks concert footage.)



We took a stroll through the cow barn to pick out the leather for our next sofa. Bruce really likes Guernsey. Not sure how it will look in the living room.






Elkhart County Sheriff Mike Books took time out of his busy schedule to chat with his old buddy Bruce. It's been over 20 years since they worked together.












The only ride that I would trust with my life at a county fair would be a ride on a horse.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sharon, your blog is the greatest! You do such an awesome job!!!! Way to go!!!! cheryl