Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Speak Out Column in The Paper

Previously in this blog, I've poked fun at the Speak Out column from our local, weekly shopper newspaper, The Paper. Here's another "winner" from this week's issue:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
COP OUT

I believe when a man and a woman are married, they should communicate and try to work things out. In fact, I have had a man come and cry on my shoulder who I thought was my friend. He sure had a mental problem. I told him to leave and never come back. He is on his fifth marriage. I am not a marriage counselor. She must not be much. There ought to be a law they don't issue a marriage license more than three times.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I read this, I wondered what sort of editorial policy this paper has that would justify them printing this nonsense. Then, I saw this on the inside front cover of The Paper:
(The submissions are taken via phone, not by mail.)

--- Editor's Policy
Callers are asked to limit their comments to 150 words. The Paper reserves the right to edit comments and make final publishing decisions.

So, if anyone out there in blogland wishes to share the most bizarre thoughts that have been rattling around in their head with the The Paper subscribers, I invite you to call in your submission. Call 574-534-2591 after 5pm M-F anytime Sat or Sun.

No comments: