Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My Biggest Fear

A friend sent me an email earlier tonight that asked a bunch of questions and I was supposed to respond with one-word answers.

One of the questions was, "What is your biggest fear." It took me a bit of thinking to come up with something. My final answer was "Illness."

As I was searching Google images to try to identify the blue and red bug I saw in my sunflower photo, I came across a photo of a praying mantis' head. My heart skipped a beat and, all of a sudden, the real answer to the Biggest Fear question came to me. I'm deathly afraid of the praying mantis.

It goes back to two different praying mantis encounters from my childhood -- both involving mass quantities of the dreadful creatures.
Not sure if I'm going to leave this photo online long -- freaks me even looking at it.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yes, bugs would be a good one to add to that list! Thanks for answering the questions...it was kind of difficult at time coming up with just one word!!!!

What kind of bug is that on the sunflower??????????????