Sunday, September 28, 2008

Cortina Valley


A quick trip to Menards for some wall and ceiling paint turned into a major shopping trip. We settled on a very light green (cortina valley) paint for the garage walls. Painting a light color in a room with bad lighting is not that easy to do. Now that it's dry, I can see a few spots that I missed. So, tomorrow night I'll touch up the walls and paint the ceiling.

Thanks to our Menards shopping trip, our fall chore list has grown significantly.
  • We bought supplies to put additional electrical outlets in the garage.
  • We picked up some new flooring for the kitchen. The sales guy suggested that it would be an easy weekend project. Somehow I think we'll be eating out for a month while the kitchen floor is ripped up.
  • I got some paint for the garage cabinets so that's one more thing I'll have to finish before I can start the epoxy on the other side of the garage floor.
  • Then, I got 200 flower bulbs which will need to be planted in the next few weeks.
  • We didn't get the flooring for the dining room/office. Spike has left puddles all over the carpet in that room and I've tried for months to get the smell out. Since Menards had wood flooring on sale, we thought we'd pick some up today and then rip up the carpet and put the new flooring down. It looks so simple on HGTV. Turned out the stuff we like is real wood and requires quite a bit more labor and specialized tools to install. So, we'll leave that purchase, and project, for another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My neighbor is in construction and just gutted and did her whole house! Anyway, she said the cost difference between getting it installed and the hassle of doing it yourself is minimal. Good luck with all your projects. -gg