Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Garage Floor Epoxy Project - Day 3

I came home from work Monday, anxious to finish the first half of the garage floor revitalization project. Sunday night I slow cooked enough food for the entire week so I could jump into my fall chores each night after work, rather than wasting time cooking. So, as I warmed up and ate Monday's dinner, I watched the garage floor epoxy instructional DVD.

Step 1 -- rinse the garage floor, apply cleaning agent provided with the kit, scrub, rinse and repeat. DANG! I could have done this Sunday had I realized the kit included its own cleaning agent. I considered skipping this step since I had invested so much time scrubbing, rinsing and repeating on Sunday. After wrestling with the decision -- scrub again or skip it -- I considered the possibility that the epoxy wouldn't stick on the concrete if it wasn't treated with this magical cleaning agent.

So, Monday evening was spent cleaning the garage floor, yet again, but this time with the approved (and pleasantly citrusy smelling) cleaning agent.

Then, as that was drying, I cleaned some veggies for diety snacking for the week. And, with nothing to watch on TV and since I hadn't turned on my computer yet, I washed the patio door windows -- inside and out.

~~~

Fast forward to Tuesday. A quick dinner of warmed food from my Sunday cooking marathon and then it was finally time to start painting on the garage floor epoxy. From starting to finish it took about 2-1/2 hours. That included washing out the paint brush and roller.

It's going to take 24-48 hours to dry so I'm guessing by Thursday I can start painting the walls. As I was scrubbing the floor Monday I noticed how badly the walls needed patched up and painted so I stopped by the paint store on my lunch hour Tuesday and bought some spackle and a gallon of primer. I might as well get the walls spruced up while that side of the garage is totally free of clutter.

Maybe by Saturday I'll be ready to start in on the other half of the garage floor. That will give me something fun to do while I watch Purdue kick ND's butt.

2 comments:

Coni said...

Hurry up and get your list done, will ya'? I've got one over here at Chez Spinster that needs doing and you are just the gal to do it! I am sooooo jealous of your productivity, Sharon. You just freakin' ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I can see myself. Look at the shine. -gg