Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Planting a Tree is Hard

I'm skipping around on my fall chores list. The garage floor epoxy seems dry to the touch, but I think I'll let it set for another day to really firm up before I start in on the garage wall patch and paint job and then epoxy the other half of the garage floor.

Tonight's projects were going to be planting the Japanese Maple tree that I bought earlier this summer, and sowing a bit more grass seed in the front yard.

I got a late start -- worked late and stopped to help out a friend after work. By the time I got home, ate dinner, and got some tools out of the shed, it was a bit after 7 pm.

I really thought I could get the tree in the ground before sunset. I measured out the area -- 7' long on the sides -- and marked it with bright red powder. I dug out a couple of dozen shovelsful of sod. But, it got too dark to see the red powder and I was really sweaty, so I turned in my shovel for the evening.

Although little Spikey is standing in the exact same spot in both the before and after photos, I suspect he moved around a bit while I was digging.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

nice work! Do you need help????? If so, call me, and I'll come help at any time ;)

xoxoxo ~Lori said...

Goodness....your a busy lady! I have been playing catch up on my photo biz for the last two weeks! I guess it is going to be cold next week and I will try to tackle some fall projects...right now, I am enjoying the nice weather!