Monday, September 15, 2008

I Love Gumbo!


My little sis tipped me off that my favorite Indianapolis cajun restaurant, Yats, just opened in Chicago. I had to go to Chicago today for a meeting and made it a point to stop by Yats to get a bunch of food for carry out.

As soon as I had secured the Gumbo, Chili Cheese Crawfish Etouffee and Red Beans and Sausage, I called hubby at worked to let him know what was coming for dinner. He was almost as excited as I was.

If you like cajun food, check out Yats the next time you're in Indy, Lafayette or Chicago.

I found this video of Joe, Yats owner, on Facebook and YouTube. I met him at the Broadripple Yats location and talked him into selling me a gallon of his awesome chili cheese crawfish etouffee. Too bad he can't clone himself so there's one of him in every Yats restaurant, because his personality adds so much to the charm of the restaurant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A few years ago, I secured the same from Joe to bring back to Wilmington, NC. He said he used to have a restaurant here! He said they had to close because it was too hard to ship the food from Indy. If only I had moved here earlier...sigh.