Friday, August 1, 2008

16 Tons of Black Dirt is Heavy


I took a vacation day to play in the dirt. I ordered a truckload of black dirt from VIM in Osceola and they only deliver on Thursdays and Fridays. Bruce borrowed some load bearing mats to help protect our sprinkler system from the expected weight of the dump truck. And, he laid them out for me before he left for work.



The first truck load included eight tons of dirt. After I shoveled and transported five wheel barrels full, I realized that it just wasn't enough dirt. I called my new friend, Phil, from VIM and he was right back over with another eight tons.


If you ever wondered how hard it is to move dirt, let me tell you, it's too hard for a person who is used to sitting at a desk for eight hours a day, five days a week.

No comments: