Saturday, August 23, 2008

10 Ears and Counting...


At Saturday's Corn & Sausage Roast in downtown OC, I gave up after eating four ears. Bruce just couldn't stop -- it was so sweet and so tender. I think his final count was 11 or maybe 12 ears of corn.

I had hoped to visit cousin Tammy and family for her son's second birthday party, but until I replace my ailing vehicle, I won't be making any out of town trips.

My mechanic told me I have a leaking head gasket and he doesn't recommend putting money into fixing it since my van has 200K miles. He suggested I start car shopping. I really can't think of many things I'd like to do less than car shopping. I'm sort of hoping I'll just happen into a replacement vehicle without too much effort. I haven't been to a car lot since I was 18 and my dad went with me then. Ever since, I've just sort of happened into replacement cars. I bought my current van over the phone, after my mom went to the car lot to check it out for me. I bought my previous van from a friend of a friend and the truck before that I bought from Bruce.

On our way home from the OC mall, with our new cheap and big TV, I saw a cute little Mustang convertible sitting on the side of the road with a For Sale sign. The owner said he'd be around Monday evening if I wanted to drive it. Not practical, but it sure would be fun ;-) We got stopped by a train on our way home and I was deep in thought. Bruce asked me what I was thinking about and I realized I was trying to plan out how to get the Mustang in and out of the garage with his truck and my van in the driveway. I just couldn't figure out how to make it work. Plus, if I get the Mustang, I'll still need a winter car. Plus, Dave Ramsey wouldn't approve.

No comments: