Friday, January 25, 2008

How in the Heck Could This Even Happen???

This morning's temperature was -7 degrees. In the 45 seconds it took me to run out and start my van, the tips of my wet hair froze.

Having read too many stories about cars being stolen as they are left running, I'm always sure to lock the doors.

In the 15 minutes it took me to dry my hair, pack my lunch and get ready to leave for work, my car doors froze shut. The spare key was useless... it wouldn't turn. I tried every door of my van and they were all hopelessly frozen shut.

Now, just 15 minutes before they were not frozen. In those 15 minutes, the van was running (generating heat), and inside the van, the heater was running. With all that heat, how could the locks have frozen???

Thank goodness for Lock De-Icer. Double thanks that it was in my garage, and not in my van.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank Goodness for the hubby who knew where it was!

Anonymous said...

That's bullcrap that it is even -7! Mother Nature has alot of nerve and you've had some bad cold weather car luck with wipers and now doors--I think you need a vacay (St. John?) - gg