Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm Not A Computer Expert

I know how to surf the web, send email, use a few computer programs, burn CDs, resize photos and a few other things that may make me seem like I know a lot about computers.

But, other than using a computer, I don't know much about computers. In fact, when my computer gives me the blue screen of death or similar error messages, the only thing I know to do is to shut it down, shake it and then turn it back on.


So, if anyone out there in computerland knows what this means, let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe a Windows reinstallation is in order. Our Denver friends had the same problem this weekend and luckily they got a new hard drive because it was under warranty. I found these instructions on the web. They're dead on so give it a try - Start the pc and press either F2 or Delete to enter your bios. Find the page that has the BOOT Sequence and set it to CD, Floppy, Hard Drive, etc...Just make sure CD is first. Save and exit with the XP CD in the drive and when it says press any key to boot off of the cd, do that, press any key and the Windows Setup will take off from there... -gg