Saturday, April 26, 2008

Getting Ready for the Veggie Garden

We got more accomplished Saturday before lunchtime than we've done any other Saturday since last year's summer of fun ended. We started at 7am, dropping off Bruce's truck for a new brake line.

Then, off to breakfast. When we finished eating, I left Bruce at the table while I went to the cash register to pay the bill. I came back with four singles to leave for a tip and as I sat back down at the table and laid the tip on the table, I looked across and saw a stranger laughing at me. I had sat down at the wrong table!


While we were eating, a TV commercial for Varner's Greenhouse came on so we thought we might stop out there to burn some time waiting for the mechanic to finish the brake job.


When we pulled into Varner's parking lot we heard a wild animal screech that sounded like a Velocaraptor.

And, as we shopped for our veggies, we continued to hear the noise.




We made our way to the back of the greenhouse and found a full-blown
aviarie. Turns out the birds were fussing so much because their handler was preparing lunch.


No comments: