Sunday, March 16, 2008

Broken Camera Blues

On our way over to pick up grandma from the institution today, Bruce and I saw a green VW bug decorated like a bunny rabbit. Just the inspiration I needed to start posting again on this blog.

After I dropped her off this evening, I stopped by the VW house and snapped a few photos. Then, I drove down CR 24 to take a photo of the really hairy cows we saw Friday on our way to take Spike to the kennel.

I was going to take some photos of the flowers that are starting to pop through the dirt in the woods out front, but as I got out of my car, my camera spilled out of my purse onto the driveway and is now hopelessly broken.

Dang, I can't even get the photos off of it and on to my computer. So, all of the fun photos from Friday's St. Patrick's Celebration in downtown South Bend are trapped on the camera, too. Maybe I'll take the chip into CVS and get the photos burned onto a CD.

I'll have to call Canon Monday to see where I might be able to get the camera repaired. For some bizarre reason, their website doesn't have a list of servicers; only a phone number to call for service info. And, of course they're not there to answer that phone on Sunday.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Glad to know your okay, I was getting worried not seeing any blog updates from you girl!!!

Good luck on your camera!! That's a bummer!!!! Waiting to hear about your wonderful weekend celebrating St. Pats!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your camera :) I miss your blog pics. Your story sounds like our computer story. There are probably no service centers listed because like every other electronic, it's now considered "disposable". Our $3,000 laptop took a crap (Sony Vaio=NO) and they wanted $699 to fix it...uh...duh...can get a new laptop for around $800! BTW - Laptop was 1.5 years young :*(